CLEX (pronounced KLEKS) is a file manager with a full-screen user interface. It displays directory contents including the file status details and provides features like command history, filename insertion, or name completion in order to help users to create commands to be executed by the shell.
CLEX is a versatile tool for system administrators and all users that utilize the enormous power of the command line. Its unique one-panel user interface enhances productivity and lessens the probability of mistake. There are no built-in commands, CLEX is an add-on to your favorite shell.
CLEX is free software released under the terms of GNU General Public License. It is written in C language which makes it easily portable to various Linux and UNIX systems. CLEX was written mainly by Vlado Potisk.
The CLEX development is a non-commercial open-source project. There is no pressure concerning its release dates or feature list, thus we are able to provide a product that meets high standards in terms of stability and reliability.
Main featuresInspecting files:
- full-screen console-based user interface (ncurses library); it runs on the text console, terminal, or in an xterm window
- detailed directory listing
- several filename sorting and grouping options
- directory compare
- simple editing
- undo/redo function
- multiple files selection
- command history
- name completion
- command templates
- automatic quoting of special characters in filenames
- on-line context-sensitive help
- easy configuration
- directory bookmarks
- comprehensive main function menu
- panel contents filtering
- configurable file panel layouts
- 'cd' (change directory) command processed internally
- 'rm' (delete file) command warning
- various date and time formats
- UTF-8 support
About www.clex.skWe protect your personal data by not gathering nor processing it:
- there are no forms asking you for any kind of data
- all contents is static
- BTW, there are also no ads here